8/5/12

80s Night! Neon skittle

Hi again!


It's been so long since I've posted! Last year uni subjects take up so much time!


The other day at work we had an awesome 80s night where all the bar staff got to dress up! So I decided to pretty up my nails with some neon.


(Revlon - Royal)

You can see that this nail had massive shrinkage, so next time I'll have to not use a quick dry top coat. Revlon Royal is a gorgeous electric blue jelly! The best part about this polish is that it dries super quickly, I probably didn't need to use a top coat, but I hate using a top coat on all my nails except one haha. The application is also great, it goes on really evenly and there's no streaks. This is two coats.

(China Glaze - Hang-Ten Toes, Orange You Hot?, Sun Kissed, & I'm With The Lifeguard)


All four of these are from the China Glaze Summer Neon Collection so they've all got the same formula and finish. Each of the colours have a gorgeous shimmer to them, which you can see in the flash photos and direct sunlight (you couldn't see it in the photos outside though).

Application! Seriously, it's good that these colours are pretty, because the application stinks! It went on a little streaky and the drying time was horrible, with two coats I left it to dry for 2 hours and it still wasn't completely dry, which is why Orange You Hot in these pictures is only one coat, it completely smudged and I had to take it off and try again.


During the week I went to the hairdresser and found these super cool products: Colour Bug! Last summer I really wanted to try hair chalking, but for some reason I couldn't work out how to do it. Colour Bug makes hair chalking super easy! You just need to spray hairspray on your hair and then rub it on your hair then spray hairspray again to set it and you're done! I used it on 80s night and it was sooo cool. I'll take a photo of it in my hair next week.

I'll post again tomorrow. Yesterday I got some nail mail from Llarowe, my first indie polishes!!

x



4 comments:

  1. Great skittles! I still haven't picked up any of the polishes from this collection, but I need to soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're such great colours, I love that they're not just neon, they've got a slight shimmer to them. So pretty!

      Delete
  2. I love the blue you used, it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely! It's my go to blue now, especially because it dries so quickly!

      Delete